My Facebook to RSS open-source project is quite functional now! I have been working on it over this week and I have added some cool stuff.
- Access Facebook pages and public groups feed without using an account.
- Access Facebook profiles, pages, groups, and notifications when running the API with a Facebook account.
- Your login is automatically saved and refreshed on each API request to keep you signed in.
- Facebook posts can be fetched as HTML (default) or text.
- Append Facebook comments of any post RSS feed. (Disabled by default)
- Easily configure the API as you want either using a custom config.env file or by overriding a certain option using uvicorn.
- RSS feeds are cached by default (for 30 minutes) to not abuse Facebook and trigger any anti-automation mechanisms. This can be configured as you want and also can be ignored by using no_cache=1 parameter with any of the API routes.
Fosstodon is an English speaking Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.