Frictional Games open sources the Amnesia games under GPL3 https://github.com/FrictionalGames/AmnesiaTheDarkDescent
Surveillance capitalism is the same as climate change, but for data:
- Some people have been warning about its consequences for years
- Most people don't care because they don't feel concerned, they can't see it affecting them
- A few companies are making a lot of damage with the help of governments
- When we will face the consequences it will be too late
- We can still do something about it, and the sooner the better
master -> main
@sir heck, why isn't it called 'main' anyway? That seems more logical.
> I find the existence of this link about 10% inspiring and 90% frustrating/depressing: 5 Best Terminal Emulators Built With Web Technologies, https://www.linuxlinks.com/best-terminal-emulators-built-with-web-technologies/
On the other hand, I find the existence of this link 100% awesome: Ternimal –
Simulate a lifeform in the terminal,
@sir for free software that is of interest to Debian maintainers, yes, absolutely.
But you can't expect someone else to step in and package your app when:
• it's proprietary
• it's you who's interested in others using it, not the other way around
The app in question had to do with a commercial service. I can't imagine Debian ever shipping it upstream.
@sir Describing why we may need something like Flatpak warrants its own blog post, but very briefly:
• There's software that's super bad by distro criteria — proprietary, ships its own outdated copy of everything & its own framework (Electron), so on. Yet you have to / want to run it. Think games, or music streaming, or professional software you need for your job. For this, we need a robust desktop sandboxing solution (either Qubes, or well, Flatpak).
If you wanted to give an advice to someone what would it be
"I wish I could go back in time" can be rephrased as "If I knew what I know now". We are gonna say it at some point, but we can say it less by learning from each others' experiences.
Give me an advice on anything. It can be about cooking, investing in X company, any *ism, country or city, how to prevent bias, follow X person, what you wish you knew before starting/getting into [absolutely anything].
Day 27 of #100DaysToOffload
I hate to ask, but here goes.
I've been looking a while and nothing with the right fit has come along. Work life balance is super important. If UK, happy to work completely in your timezone!
My site is https://rusingh.com and I'm happy to email you my CV/resume. Will start immediately once we're on the same page. 💯
I need entire children books of this kind to give to my nephews! We all need this.
The next generation will grow up with browsers and apps obfuscating the fundamental processes that guarantee our online safety. Unless provided to them by us, they will never be educated on how to stay safe online.
Post-surgery furniture request
I'm at the point in my knee surgery where I'm ready to get back to work, but no piece of furniture in my house is comfortable to work in.
Any recommendations for furniture that would be comfortable to sit up and work on a laptop (I have an adjustable laptop tray) while able to keep my leg in a comfortable position for recovery?
I'm overwhelmed by the options when I do a web search and am hoping someone out there can share some personal experience.
Software Developer, privacy enthusiast, and all-around nerd.
Fosstodon is an English speaking Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.