Jens ♥ boosted
Jens ♥ boosted

Ladies and Gentlemen conservative politician Sean Spicer! 

Jens ♥ boosted

Just re-upping this offer: because being comfortable with git is a barrier to entry to many FS/OSS projects, and because I care deeply about lowering those barriers, I will tutor anyone who asks for help with git, and/or connect them with any mentor(s) they might prefer.

I'll do this while I put energy and work into making the tool more approachable, and into making better tools and learning paths.

Boosts gratefully appreciated.

#gittutors

Man Geary is a pretty email client, if only it didn't use/send HTML emails by default that would be awesome.
Having worked with some devs who did a email client backend seeing their damn pain I simply blindly refuse to handle HTML emails.

I have an old Gmail account I need to sort out (IE move all relevant emails to a good archive and then yeet the rest it into the aether)

Its just such a search and digging project I have done everything I could to put it off.

Is there some good solid method to do this?

Theres been an outbreak of wall lice in the neighbourhood so there have been big checks of all apartments with a dog meaning I had to lock the cat into the bathroom.

Now when I try to release her shes lying inside her own litterbox and actively ignoring me. I try to pet her and she dodges my hand as I try to pet her while lying in her own dung in some weird martyr-schpiel.

Fine, will have to bribe myself into her good graces with treats then....

Her whole collection of photos from that LARP (which is a recurring one) is amazing.

Photo of friends gf, Frida and their daughter, during a LARP here in Sweden. She looks fekking badass.

Jens ♥ boosted

I spent the evening playing with GNOME Music. I wasn't expecting it to look nice this soon

RMS 

Husband-dude is in Canada for work (Toronto Public Library thing) and I'm home for the week. I hate it. I mean I am very proud of him, but I've been living with the dude for 12 years about and sleeping without him next to me is difficult.

Can people overconsume instant noodles? Are they poisonous at certain quantities?

Check back with me tomorrow.

Spent the entire day going "uuuuggggh" in some weird hungover self-disgust burping bacon vodka burps.

So far I have the "button at the top instead of bottom" thing, the "VPN has no GUI option to automatically connect in NM" thing, "Music is so streamlined it hid core features" thing but all in all a pleasurable experience as well.

SO day... ehm of GNOME.
Ok managed to figure out how to make playlists in GNOME music which was nice.
So far so good.
Will actively try to avoid extensions because they tend to be kinda crashy and I have changed a few shortcuts to not completely have to relearn everything from scratch.
Same issues in Plasma with regards to chat apps - there are few to no centralized chat apps and the ones that work best is basically the same one: pidgin.

Drinking Bacon vodka and husband is cutting my hair... ooof

The important part to remember that this isn't "A GNOME issue" its a "KDE issue", "Android Issue", "web design issue" - its everywhere and its based solely on pretend ideas of high level technical aptitude hiding design inabilities.

In testing having that last 10% suffer makes total sense if there are complex paths around to fix "just works" lack of practical paths around issues - IRL those 10% are directly connected to the other 90%, their suffering will directly affect the other 90% and make their experiernce less than it could be.
In testing this relationship between users is completely removed. Causing a problem in testing.

Large issues can be fixed due to their visibilities, little tragedies are hidden yet affect all.

Long story short - the ideal of carrying the ease of use for 90% of users on the back of the final 10% makes sense in testing due to the issues with usability testing (and its hype in lieu of other methods) but IRL it proves the idea of "little tragedies are worse than large disasters" (small problems are counter intuitively bigger problems than massive disasters in design). Thats because IRL is not happening with each user in isolation, testing is causing huge issues with "just works" when not

Show more
Fosstodon

Fosstodon is a Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.