Trying to convince my wife she might like the boardgames.social #mastodon instance... as our linen closet looks like this.... 😂
Ok, a little more digging finds that *maybe* compton has landed in that "unmaintained" grey area that so many open source projects do. The fork lists this in their readme for the master branch (which isn't the first thing you see when you land at the repo):
> This is forked from the original Compton because that seems to have become unmaintained.
Ugh, also it lacks a man page but specifically mentions configuration items explained in the man page...
Also, some of the long options are gone, so I have to rewrite my compton command string in my .xprofile
Wtf #archlinux ? This is a potentially breaking change with a package that explicitly lists itself as "experimental" and we get no communication about it?
Ranger or NNN?
- NNN is wicked fast and small
- Ranger has progress bars
- Ranger has rifle and scout tools
- NNN is easy to configure
- NNN has basically no hard dependencies
- Ranger is comfortable OOB
- NNN is basic, needing a lot of external tools
- Ranger has a larger overhead
- Ranger requires some python knowledge to configure
- NNN doesn't have multi-column
- NNN requires more setup to be 'comfortable'
- Both tools have lacking documentation...
Of course #Emacs has a epub reader package. Of course it's by wasamasa.
I'm not even sure why I doubted it.
Now I added emacsclient -nc "$1" to my rifle.conf and can open my ebooks.
Just a guy on the internet
Fosstodon is an English speaking Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.