I'm super excited about this announcement. I wanted this exact thing when we started up the Hub, but it wasn't available.
This is a super cool project and a testament to Rust’s versatility.
> rusty-clock: An alarm clock this is programed in bare metal rust (no OS). It features pressure, temperature, humidity, monophonic alarm on a e-paper display.
Hitman™ 2: The Undying, the first elusive target - Bonus video https://share.tube/videos/watch/45b06fcf-a674-43c1-9242-8cde187a3573
I actually can't wait to put this on a Pi.
Even though I think it's the best to be skeptical about the hardware for the actual phone, I have no doubt the software is going to be really fun to play around with.
Proves what I already knew, Tis all a con
Which? reveals 87% of Black Friday bargains were cheaper earlier in year
From Tumblr to Mastodon: 5 reasons to switch
As someone with limited design skills, I found this brief overview of color palette selection to be inspiring. https://buff.ly/2zCN0It
I've made a mock-up to illustrate my ideas about the next-gen terminal experience!
• the pathbar
• username, hostname and git branch displayed in the UI, shrinking the shell prompt back to just a $
• commands as cards
• syntax highlighting, including graying out the output a bit to differentiate it from commands themselves
• autocompletion (displayed in a native widget)
• built-in error handling options
• the time each command took (on the right)
Jacob (is mooshoe) is a self declared hacker and student.
Fosstodon is a Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.