You have a #pinebookpro and ...
- want to run a stable version of #debian or #devuan,
- want to use only official mainline versions of kernel and u-boot without unofficial patches,
- don't want to use non-free software / proprietary blobs,
- don't want to use unofficial 3rd party repos?
Meanwhile, most of this is achievable. I've collected some bits of information on that and condensed them in an article I recently posted on my personal website:
Photo of the result:
@kuleszdl Thanks for the writing.
"Using external video-out and wifi requires loading non-free blobs"
- Well, that's bad. I hope they fix it in later versions. I've heard there are efforts going on for freeing modem drivers for PinePhone. Hope to see something done for PineBook as well.
Regarding the video-out part I haven't heard of comparable initiatives. Personally, I would prefer blob-free video-out at the cost of inability to display DRM'd content.
Fosstodon is an English speaking Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.