You'll never guess what, folks...I'm back on #WordPress and have been for the last month or so.
Come on, be honest, did any of you notice? (I know a couple of you did) 😃
A quote from @robert
> It started, as so many of my recent online adventures have, with a post from Kev Quirk
If you've been lurking on Fosstodon, intimidated by the more technical toots, feeling imposter syndrome, or just afraid to jump in, please toot an introduction, ask questions, learn, get to know others. There's nothing to be afraid of. This is a friendly and welcoming instance. Almost all of us want to get to know you except for a few grumps.😃
@XxAlexXx There are a few reasons.
1. Because I can.
2. For bragging rights.
3. When Maciej Cegłowski gave his talk about the website obesity crisis in 2015, the average web page weighed over 2MB. It's only gotten worse since then, and I don't want to be part of the problem.
4. Heavy web pages eat up mobile devices' battery and data plans.
5. Heavy web pages take longer to load, and are more likely to annoy visitors into leaving.
Someone asked how to remove .html from their URLs recently (I think it was on here).
Here's how I've done it in the past:
TL;DR: I prefer to use JS as a last resort, when less potentially invasive technologies aren't enough to get the job done.
I'm a #metalhead, sci-fi author, and full-stack miracle worker from New York.
My #pronouns are they/them/their, but I'm used with he/him/his.
I run my website with #WordPress; dealing with static site generators is too much like work.
I detest authoritarians and Puritans of all kinds.
Here's what I really think:
1. If we aren't dating, your private parts are none of my business.
2. If we aren't trying to have kids, your chromosomes aren't my problem.
3. I don't give a shit what you identify as or what your pronouns are, but no matter how masculine or feminine you look, if you introduce yourself by a particular name that's how I'll address you. If you indicate a particular pronoun set, I'll use it. It's less hassle that way.
Soooo Gab has been popped with an SQLi apparently. Isn’t Gab a fork of @Mastodon? Someone should really look at whether Mastodon is vulnerable too.
Any regex users here? If so, I could do with some advice.
I'm getting 404s on my site where people visit kevq.uk/link-to-post/null
The /null is a problem and I don't know why people are visiting it.
Anyway, I'd like to write a regex redirect that basically removes /null from the end of the URL. Does anyone know how to do this please? I have no idea.
Thanks in advance!
Been really enjoying playing around with @nextcloud recently. Their markdown editor is really good, and it’s nice to see that their Talk app has improved a lot.
Admin of Fosstodon. Part time geek, full time idiot.
Opinions are my own...I think.
Fosstodon is an English speaking Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.