Question: I'm publishing a plain readme with a CRDT algorithm. I think it's novel and it has some pretty cool behaviors. What kind of license should I use?

If it were source code, I'd use GPL-3. Is there a similar viral license for publishing ideas?


@PsychoLlama There license for documents. The GNU FDL but I guess the most used for these cases is a Creative Commons License which is more creative. I think you can also publish the code as GPL and the documentation as CC.

Sign in to participate in the conversation

Fosstodon is an English speaking Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.