Aaron Ogle :linux: :manjaro: boosted
"Ask App Not to Track"

Wondering what's actually happening under the hood with the app tracking changes in iOS 14.5? I did some research and wrote a thing!

https://developer.okta.com/blog/2021/07/06/apple-app-tracking-changes

RT @jaffathecake
📝 How to correctly encode data for POST requests.

GitHub Copilot gets this wrong, so here's how to get it right. Also covers some tricks with URLSearchParams, and FormData. jakearchibald.com/2021/encodin

Wow.. another LinkedIn breach. This time 93% of user data? At that percentage… are the other 7% users with no data to fetch?

restoreprivacy.com/linkedin-da

Aaron Ogle :linux: :manjaro: boosted
Aaron Ogle :linux: :manjaro: boosted

New post on my blog: "Self-hosting VSCode"

fribbledom.com/posts/selfhosti

If you like neither VSCode nor Docker, pretend this blog post never happened 😄

For everyone else: this was actually quite an interesting experience and I love this setup!

My team is on the lookout for talented frontenders to come join us in building amazing things! If you know someone or are someone that’s interested you can apply here:

jobs.rocket.chat/jobs/Careers/

Aaron Ogle :linux: :manjaro: boosted

gamja has been deployed as an experimental IRC client on Libera Chat \o/

web.libera.chat/gamja/

The hardware looks pretty sweet... But that website is so slick
---
RT @oxidecomputer
We are very excited to show off more about what we have been working on! oxide.computer
twitter.com/oxidecomputer/stat

Ran across a couple of projects by: @emersion

Soju - git.sr.ht/~emersion/soju irc bouncer
Gamja - git.sr.ht/~emersion/gamja irc web based client.

Took a bit but managed to get the two deployed and working together. Very nice! Gamja even has dark mode 🎉

Aaron Ogle :linux: :manjaro: boosted

Wow, after 25 years of Unix experience, I learned that you can filter output in #less.

Press ampersand (&) and enter a regex to show only lines matching the regex.

Press ampersand (&) and then exclamation mark (!) to apply an inverse filter.

Aaron Ogle :linux: :manjaro: boosted

We're taking aim for the stars with FemtoStar - a mobile satellite service running open software atop of open hardware spacecraft.

pine64.org/2021/05/19/femtosta

Wow so freenode sold and the staff kept in dark.. now quitting:

fuchsnet.ch/freenode-resign-le

Then turns out this guy that bought also has irc.com and was part of grand scheme to acquire a user base for some grand plans.

irc.com/lets-take-irc-further

On surface seems like maybe admirable intentions… but I don’t get why the Stage 4 launch non-profit comes so late on his list.

Aaron Ogle :linux: :manjaro: boosted
I love that we're using OwnCast instead of YouTube too!

What’s the best k8s storage provider now days for on-prem? Have tried really hard with by @Rancher_Labs . When it works it’s great! But when it has an issue… it’s extremely complicated to debug anything.

Maybe need to give @rook_io a try?

Aaron Ogle :linux: :manjaro: boosted
Aaron Ogle :linux: :manjaro: boosted

I always thought What3words was an interesting idea. But I didn’t realize they were going to be keeping such a tight reign on it and that they wanted to force everyone through them?

techcrunch.com/2021/04/30/what

An open standard seems like would be better off here. Kinda makes me hope there are lots of cached copies of that whatfreewords.org/whatfreewords-go package out there. Of course for the python and js ones too

Aaron Ogle :linux: :manjaro: boosted

@RocketChat @nebunez your work with godot in the game jam kinda inspired me to give it a shot and use godot :)

Show thread

This looked too much like a game to not become at least playable!

geekgonecrazy.com/rc-100-celeb

Quick little side project with a couple of rocketeers using @godotengine
---
RT @RocketChat
It all started in 2015 with the dream of creating the largest chat platform in the world. 🌎 Today, we reached an important milestone in @RocketChat's history: we are now 1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ rocketeers! 🚀
twitter.com/RocketChat/status/

Show older
Fosstodon

Fosstodon is an English speaking Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.