Apparently I suck at copy-pasting.
Or maybe the mastodon web-client, or maybe Firefox. But probably me.
Should've been this gif.
We are aware that it can and should be improved. A lot. The hard part is not seeing what can be done better, not even in actually doing it. But in prioritizing what should be improved first.
So please! By all means let us know what you think sucks, needs work, can be done better or withholds you from using the job-search.
Better even: make that a ticket: https://github.com/Flockingbird/hunter2/issues. And best, obviously: make it a PR. The webpage is just plain HTML & vanilla JS. entry level. The bot is rust; sorry.
We've stabilized and re-deployed the job-offer and job-candidate bot for the Fediverse.
Please bear with us while we monitor and improve the bot and indexing service. It will crash. It will get things wrong.
Open Source JobHub: A new job site just for open-source jobs opens its doors https://gadgeteer.co.za/open-source-jobhub-a-new-job-site-just-for-open-source-jobs-opens-its-doors/
OK! Here's the job post! https://transparentclassroom.com/developers
- 16~32 hours per week, your discretion.
- $66.10~$96.14/hr (With a cap of $120k/yr; so 24 hours/wk at top-end)
- Building software that's used in classrooms around the world to nurture self-actualization from an early age.
It's a ~10 person collectively-managed team that is carefully, intentionally, and deliberately moving towards being a worker #coop.
Designers to developers at Kaleidos:
> Look we are not first-class citizens in open source. We are happy with Inkscape. We are happy with GIMP. We are happy with some tools, but you developers have everything to choose from. You can choose the best of the best. You live in this paradise world where you don't know how privileged you are.
> We agree with you. We are all about open source absolutely but you have to understand that we are frustrated with the professional quality of some tools. We want to achieve parity with you developers.
Element is hiring Backend Engineers 🚀
You can either DM me or apply directly on https://apply.workable.com/elementio/j/CE6DA357E1/
If you are not sure if you would be a great fit or what would be expected from you, drop me a message and we'll figure it out :)
🔄 Boosts very appreciated, we need you!
It’s written in python/flask/vuejs and I need help because of health issues I’m unable to work a lot on it anymore, if you are interested to help me on some of the issues and more specially the ActivityPub part, you can contact me through:
boosts appreciated, thanks.
Important decisions about Misskey(Project)
- I(Syuilo) don't accept any issue and pull request to Misskey(Git Repository: https://github.com/misskey-dev/misskey) for an indefinite period of time.
- Due to a reason above,I remove all collaborators from Misskey.Beacuse they still can make a issue and pull request.
-If you have a question and need a help about Misskey,please use Misskey Forum(https://forum.misskey.io/).
- I am only going to develop Misskey. But I may consider of stopping a development of Misskey indefinitely under the certin circumstances.
- If the project could raise a enough fund to continue the development and I can concentrate the project development,I will accept your contribution again.
- I continuousely accept your contribution for mfm.js , misskey.js and so on. These side projects are relatively small and I could continue to handle.
A reason of my decisions as follows
- Lack of my ability of organizing Misskey Projcet
- We could not raise enough fund for project development.
- In relation to above, there is not enough time for me to develop the project, and delay in response to issue and pull request is expected.
Please note that this post is just a translation of Syuilo original post for Japanese people.
#ActivityPub #misskey #fediverse
Hi! This is the official #Bookwyrm account. Bookwyrm is a federated reading platform (think Goodreads). Post about your reading and stuff! You can interact with Mastodon users and vice versa. We are going to toot development news and more.
List of instances https://docs.joinbookwyrm.com/instances.html
FediFollows has been on the #Fediverse for one year! 🎉 🎂
A huge thank you to everyone who suggested accounts so far, and to the accounts themselves 👏
Hand-curated directories are often seen as old-fashioned, but I think they have a role in getting people started on new decentralised social media.
FediFollows currently has 2.3K followers across a wide range of instances, so even people who don't follow me are more likely to see these interesting accounts in their hashtag searches.
Hi! We are building a professional social network.
Where you manage your business network. Decentralised, and privacy friendly.
Fosstodon is an English speaking Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.