If you've never seen a flying fox eating a banana you're missing out...
Yanis Varoufakis: US new cold war on China is a clear and present threat to humanity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xjr8YcRoM
From 2013 until 2020, the Dutch government operated SyRI, a social credit system.
A judge shut it down, because it was an unlawful breach of privacy.
This year, without making a lot of noise, they rebuilt it, but bigger.
A legal expert:
"It's even bigger, actually a kind of super-SyRI. Especially since commercial parties can also share in that data."
(machine translated bit fta)
Many are using Keybase to prove their identity across various services. However, it is by far not the best choice for this:
• it tries to get hold of your private OpenPGP key, which is just wrong
• it was acquired by Zoom in 2020 and hasn’t posted updates ever since
• it doesn’t have proofs for Gitea, IRC, XMPP, and other fedi services
• its server is not open-sourced
If you don’t use Keybase for their messengers, file storage or Stellar, don’t use it at all! Check next toot for an alternative
I use Keyoxide, developed by @yarmo.
• it’s fully open-source and can be self-hosted
• it relies on already existent OpenPGP identity proofs via notations — your identities never leave your OpenPGP key
• as such, one doesn’t need an account
• one can verify XMPP, IRC, Mastodon, Pleroma, Owncast, etc. New proofs are easy to implement
My favourite feature is the ability to use WKD to be able to use email addresses instead of fingerprints, like https://email@example.com ✨
Just saw this #ad here while I was browsing the web, and yesterday I was reading the FSF article about that and also the defective by design website too 😅, looks like a little devil trying to convince me to use #DRM
-into argentine tango
-i like living in greece
Fosstodon is an English speaking Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.