Epic launching Steam rival with 88% revenue share for developers
Free games, direct access to customers, mod support and more; Tim Sweeney reveals the plan for the Epic Games Store
Coo! Nvidia's PhysX has gone open source, under a BSD license. =:D
- Exxon Mobile knew since at least the 70s about the potential harm caused by global warming and greenhouse gas emissions.
- In the 80s, they concluded that global warming would actually be good for profits; the polar ice caps would melt, making it easier to get at Arctic oil reserves.
- They started to collaborate with other fossil fuel companies to knowingly lie about CO2 emissions and its effects, in order to stop any global coordinated efforts to to prevent climate change.
I've made a mock-up to illustrate my ideas about the next-gen terminal experience!
• the pathbar
• username, hostname and git branch displayed in the UI, shrinking the shell prompt back to just a $
• commands as cards
• syntax highlighting, including graying out the output a bit to differentiate it from commands themselves
• autocompletion (displayed in a native widget)
• built-in error handling options
• the time each command took (on the right)
Does anyone know Japanese? #Tootle could use Japanese translation 😽
9 Circles of Android Hell (2/2) Show more
6. Try DirtyCow kernel exploit to elevate privileges
- Fail miserably
7. Repack boot and system partition images with modified build.prop file to make ADB use root shell
- Open ADB shell
- GUESS WHAT SELINUX IS STILL IN ENFORCING MODE
8. For some reason flashing SuperSU works now
9. What the actual fuck I wasted a week on this shit screw all of this
I've had enough, Android sucks
9 Circles of Android Hell (1/2) Show more
1. Decide to root your Android tablet, realize there's no simple solution for your vendor-forsaken Chinese brick of plastic
2. Flash TWRP recovery
3. Flash Magisk, get a bootloop
4. Flash SuperSU, get a bootloop
5. Install ROM Manufacturing Tool
- Tell Windows not to check driver signatures because it's been expired for years
- Turn on Windows test mode because it still checks signatures despite you telling not to
- Decompile installer, remove signature
Finally! Someone is working on a KDEconnect client for
Found among the Library of Congress's content that's free to use and reuse: https://www.loc.gov/free-to-use/
Thanks everyone for your contributions and support! (especially @cagatayy)
Okay I'm gonna catch some Z's now
I make stuff. Permanent stress is my comfort zone. Developer of Tootle for Linux. 🇷🇺 🇺🇸
Fosstodon is a Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.