Wow, we did not expect the level of interest you all have had in the #PineTime!
- Cost will be approximately 25USD
- Charging dock included in price
- Built-in heartbeat monitor
- Case built of Zinc alloy and plastic
- Battery life measured in days
- Sorry, can't run Linux itself. SoC is nRF52832, which uses a Cortex-M4 core. That's why we need FreeRTOS :)
@MattDementous It is technically possible. There is a port of Linux called uCLinux which works on the core, but that project seems to be dead, and the PineTime may not have enough RAM to run it.
Even if you can successfully run it, it would be a poor experience. An embedded RTOS is a much better solution.
Fosstodon is a Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.