"A 100% libre RISC-V + 3D GPU chip for mobile devices"
I do as much of my browsing as i can in elinks which makes it possible to get along with less RAM. There are still plenty of very poorly designed sites that just won't render correctly or at all. I just switch over briefly to a graphical browser. It is slightly inconvenient but it is possible to live happily with 2GB or even 1GB this way.
For all the DWM admiring Linux hipsters our there ;-) . The suckless site has a nice list of "stuff that rocks". Basically an index of small, efficient applications they like.
Cool heads will prevail. I have decided that building a diy laptop is probably not a good use of my time (that makes at least 3 times I've started looking into doing this and decided against it but who's counting?).
I still kind of want to make some sort of portable device though. I started thinking about doing a little almost pocket size device with a thumb keyboard but all the thumb keyboards are wireless and terrible.
Guide to office life small-talk
1. If it's Monday, bring up how Monday sucks
2. If it's Tuesday, bring up how it's not Monday
3. If it's Wednesday, bring up how you're halfway through the week
4. If it's Thursday, bring up how it's almost Friday
5. If it's Friday, bring up how it's finally Friday
6. Once the above is exhausted and you're still around them, bring up the weather
Fosstodon is an English speaking Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.