@kev I deleted my FB last Spring. Never looked back. I don't even miss it a little. It's been lifechanging for me to get away from FB and EVERYONE on it. Hard to say that about so many old friends, but I gave them other options to keep in touch. Out of 500+ people only a handful even bothered. So that what FB really is for all of us, a lot of fake friends who will voice their 2 cents on anything in your life, but not care even 1 bit about you.
Nice job EU!
It’s really great to see governments understanding the important of FOSS.
K, I've been listening to podcasts all week making their year end predictions for next year. I want to here yours and share mine.
1) Microsoft will purchase Canonical in an effort to upstage IBM buying RedHat.
2) When Microsoft buys Canonical they will rename Ubuntu and give Mark Shuttleworth a seat on the board.
3) Unfortunately, the Librem5 will be delayed again. (I fervently hope I'm wrong on this one.)
Hello all! Hope everyone is having a great Christmas! I currently have an iPhone which is obviously not FOSS (ain’t even open source). I’ve heard a lot about LineageOS, but don’t want to make the switch without much prior knowledge.
1) How hard is it to put LineageOS on a phone?
2) If you use it, how do you like LineageOS and what are some things I should know?
3) What are some fairly cheap phones (Most I’m willing to go is $400) that are great to try LineageOS on?
Hello everyone! I’m a high school student and just joined mastodon! I recently developed a great interest in decentralization, FOSS, and internet privacy.
I think they are all very important (especially with today’s internet) and mastodon hits those categories!
I am extremely excited to join this community!
Student with a great interest in technology and believes FOSS, decentralization, and more privacy are essential to the modern internet.
Fosstodon is a Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.