I'm staying on Fosstodon whether I agree or disagree with what Kev said. I'm here because I wanted to be a part of a community around one of my passions.
Thats why this place exists. There are people from all different walks... lets show grace towards each other, even if we disagree.
Some of you guys scream inclusion (which I strongly support) but in the same breath troll someone who disagrees with you on a issue.
Lets show grace, tone down being self-absorbed and keep it focused on FOSS.
15 years ago, EFF's @doctorow told Microsoft:
1. That DRM systems don't work
2. That DRM systems are bad for society
3. That DRM systems are bad for business
4. That DRM systems are bad for artists
5. That DRM is a bad business-move
He was right.
Changed the icon and GTK theme since last #ScreenshotSunday
Sometimes, the moonlight will:
- draw a footpath on the water. If you walk it, it will cut you. Dance.
- forge a sword on the rocks. If you can pick it up, you'll know what to do.
- leave a ribbon for your lover's hair. If you tie it on, they can untie it.
- simply shine. On you.
#MicroFiction #TootFic #SmallStories
This is my first #ScreenshotSunday
How is it?
When designing a system, always assume that it will be attacked by intelligent malicious actors with significant resources. This will almost automatically protect you also from low-intelligence attackers, low-resource attackers, and adverse environmental conditions. For example, an attacker may be able to crash a database server. If you design to protect against this, you will also be protected from a power outage or OS bug that crashes that server.
There is a #firefox bug that has caused all extensions to become disabled:
A temporary workaround:
- Navigate to about:debugging
- Click the 'Load Temporary Add-on' button
- Navigate to the .xpi file in your profile directory select it and open it.
Or just download the extensions you want from https://addons.mozilla.org/:
- Right click on the 'Add to Firefox' button
- Choose 'Save Link As' from the menu
- Save the .xpi file somewhere handy
- Open it using the above technique.
There's a workaround:
Please vote for it so it's not at the bottom of the damn page. Reddit is awful.
Did anyone else just lose all of their Firefox addons and themes? Here is an image of my about:addons page in the new "Unsupported" section:
What the hell Mozilla?
The largest problem with #LibremOne is you are trusting one entity with *all* of your data. Compartmentalization is necessary for online privacy, and with Librem One, you do the opposite. It’s definitely a great start, but I will continue to self-host and compartmentalize.
On Librem One's Announcement: https://linuxliaison.org/on-librem-ones-announcement/
Fosstodon is a Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.