There is a #firefox bug that has caused all extensions to become disabled:
A temporary workaround:
- Navigate to about:debugging
- Click the 'Load Temporary Add-on' button
- Navigate to the .xpi file in your profile directory select it and open it.
Or just download the extensions you want from https://addons.mozilla.org/:
- Right click on the 'Add to Firefox' button
- Choose 'Save Link As' from the menu
- Save the .xpi file somewhere handy
- Open it using the above technique.
There's a workaround:
Please vote for it so it's not at the bottom of the damn page. Reddit is awful.
Did anyone else just lose all of their Firefox addons and themes? Here is an image of my about:addons page in the new "Unsupported" section:
What the hell Mozilla?
The largest problem with #LibremOne is you are trusting one entity with *all* of your data. Compartmentalization is necessary for online privacy, and with Librem One, you do the opposite. It’s definitely a great start, but I will continue to self-host and compartmentalize.
On Librem One's Announcement: https://linuxliaison.org/on-librem-ones-announcement/
"don't use Discord! they are an evil proprietary service"
"okay. what do you propose instead?"
"ummmmmmmmmmmmm matrix? or irc"
"come on those are all just as good!"
"they are not. that is the point."
"so what, we should all use Discord then?"
"no - we should stop saying that what we have is good enough, and make something better."
@Matter @mooshoe Why does Mozilla need to be ideologically pure with regard to the development process? They're going to use the tools that suit them. Millions of Linux users install proprietary binary blobs to get basic processor, GPU, or Wifi functionality. They install non-free software like games and use Google services like crazy. The point I'm trying to make is: It's not the end of the world and it's not going to herald the downfall of Mozilla/OSS.
You can find it here:
Allright, our new website is now up and running at https://funkwhale.audio/ 🎉 🎉 🎉
- Cute illustrations drawed by @robin
- Cleaner, mobile-first design
- More accurate and accessible explanations about the project
- A brand new #Funkwhale pod selector
- A brand new "Applications" page listing Funkwhale-compatible apps
- Internationalization-ready content, so we can translate the site in many languages!
Many thanks to testers, proof-readers, designers and everyone who helped!
Just switched to @elementary! Very excited to try this one out.
Fosstodon is a Mastodon instance that is open to anyone who is interested in technology; particularly free & open source software.